Reasons to Hire an ISA-Certified Arborist
From time to time, most homeowners will need a tree or stump removed or will need pruning or inspection of the trees on their property. With our wet and windy Northwest winters, property owners may also find themselves needing emergency tree removal from time to time. While some intrepid homeowners could tackle these tasks themselves, we offer some compelling reasons to hire an expert instead. An ISA-Certified arborist should handle these to-dos on your list for several reasons.
- Trained arborists have the right tree-care equipment, and the proper training to use it. Not many people keep a stump grinder or a chipper truck handy. Family Tree Care has not only these but the correct safety equipment and harnesses for climbing your trees, as well as the right cutting tools for the right job. Using the wrong tool in the wrong place can do more harm than good.
- Tree pruning, tree climbing, and cutting are all dangerous prospects without the proper training. Trained arborists have the know-how and practical experience to make quick work of your trimming needs.
- A trained arborist can beautify your property, help your trees to thrive, and in turn increase your curb appeal and home value. A trained arborist will benefit your trees and not damage them. To earn an ISA certification, arborists need to have extensive training. They must also keep current on this training to retain their certification. This keeps them on the cutting-edge of new scientific tree information. Without extensive study, the average homeowner won’t have this level of expertise.
- Another requirement of maintaining their certification, arborists are also required to adhere to a code of ethics. This will provide the homeowner with peace of mind that the trimming and removal recommended are legitimately recommended procedures. An arborist will help you prioritize the jobs and schedule a time that works for both of you. Beware of people going door-to-door offering tree pruning services.
- A professional job done the first time. Beautiful landscaping adds value to your home, so you don’t want a botched job when you have your trees or shrubs trimmed. You won’t have to pay someone to fix what an untrained worker did. It’s always better to get a professional, affordable, thorough job done right than to have to pay an arborist to fix someone else’s damage or incomplete work.
- Family Tree Care arborists maintain not only certification, but also insurance, and a license, so you won’t get an unwelcome surprise in the event of an injury during work. Certified arborists follow best practices for the industry.
- Preventative maintenance—An arborist is trained to look for underlying disease or instability that may keep you from having a downed tree on your roof in a storm. They can advise you of trees that may need thinning or removed completely to prevent an emergency and costly removal. A sudden tree down in a storm could possibly create damage to your home and hassles with insurance and repairs.
- In the event that a gale does bring a tree down on your car, garage, or deck, Family Tree Care is equipped and ready to provide emergency tree service 24/7. Speed can be critical when dealing with water damage.
- Arborists can help your fruit or nut trees produce a higher yield at harvest time. Unless you have extensive experience and training in fruit tree pruning, your cutting can do more harm than good. Arborists can also spot disease and advise you on treating any infestations or disease that may prevent a good harvest.
- Clean up and efficient service. Family Tree Care offers free estimates on the work to be done, then will schedule a complete and thorough job as well as cleaning up the debris afterwards so you don’t have to. If needed, they will bring a chipper and a crew to clean up the downed trees or limbs.
The International Society of Arboriculture states that certified arborists have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts on tree care.
Family Tree Care owners Jay Brock and Johnny Marth are long-term Tacoma residents and specialize in tree removal and clean up, repairing storm damage, stump removal, pruning, and beautification. They are trained and certified arborists who provide courteous and professional work. Call (253) 234-GROW (4769), or view www.familytree253.com/ to complete a quick form to schedule a free estimate. Whether you live in the city or in a more rural, country area, we have the staff and equipment to handle your job, large or small.
To see reviews of our services, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/familytree253/.
To view a PDF outlining more extensive reasons to hire an arborist: http://www.treesaregood.org/treecare/resources/hire_arborist.pdf
Get a free estimate from our ISA certified arborists today!