In our Do It Yourself (DIY) culture, we sometimes forget that there are times when it’s best to hire an expert.
Professional care is essential where your trees are concerned, both for safety and expertise concerns. Don’t just Google “tree service” when you need tree care, or you may be disappointed. Look for certified arborists first.
Arborists are experts in the art and science of tree care. An International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)-certified arborist has passed multiple tests showing proficiency and expertise in the care and management of trees. To maintain this certification, an arborist must complete ongoing certification and testing.
Here are six top reasons to hire a certified arborist for your landscaping needs this coming summer or anytime.
1. Training and expertise. When hiring a certified arborist, you can be sure that their training has been extensive and is up-to-date. When paying for tree and shrub service on your property, you want it done correctly, efficiently, and professionally. It’s frustrating and expensive to pay someone else to correct the mistakes of a previous worker.
2. Complete tree services. Arborists can prune, remove, plant, and advise you on all of your tree needs. Their knowledge is extensive, so they can give professional advice on aspects of tree care, whether it’s beautification, cleanup of storm damage, preventative maintenance, pruning, or thinning.
3. Diagnosis of your trees’ needs, diseases, condition. With their extensive training, arborists can advise a homeowner of conditions they may not have noticed and help avert future problems. They may be able to save a diseased tree and can prune your trees to help them thrive. The can help a homeowner manage trees that are at risk for damaging property in the event of a storm.
4. Emergency tree care. If a storm does bring a tree down on your car or house, you need to be sure you’re dealing with experts who can quickly and efficiently manage the crisis, minimizing further trouble or damage.
5. Insurance. We’ve all heard a sad tale of home or yard work done poorly that needed to be redone, but worse are the stories where workers without insurance claimed injuries. This scenario can result in unwelcome homeowner liability. As certified arborists, Family Tree Care carries full insurance so you can have the confidence and peace of mind that any incidents on your property will be fully covered.
6. Knowledge of local regulations.
Some municipalities have specific regulations about tree removal and other services. Knowing you have a trained arborist on the job assures you that there will no fines or surprises.
Family Tree Care owners Jay Brock and Johnny Marth are long-term Tacoma residents and specialize in tree removal and clean up, repairing storm damage, stump removal, pruning, and beautification. As ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) certified arborists, they offer a high level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care. Family Tree Care serves the greater Tacoma, Lakewood and Puyallup areas and are bonded, licensed, and insured, so you know you’re in good hands.
Contact Tacoma Tree Care at (253) 234-GROW (4769), or www.familytree253.com/ to complete a quick form to schedule a free estimate.
To view a PDF outlining more extensive reasons to hire an arborist: http://www.treesaregood.org/treecare/resources/hire_arborist.pdf