TACOMA–When it comes to tree service, you can try to work on your trees yourself, but the results may be disappointing. Pruning is a good example. Professional care is essential. Here are our top six reasons to choose Family Tree Care the next time you need pruning expertise.
- Produce more fruit. Properly pruned and maintained fruit and nut trees will be healthier and therefore provide you with a better harvest. Incorrect pruning may actually hinder the trees’ ability to produce in the following season, and may cause permanent damage.
- Diagnose problems you may miss. Arborists are trained specialists. They will see concerns you might miss. Early signs of disease or decay, girdling roots, crowding, or instability. Family Tree Care specialists are happy to assess your property’s trees and prescribe the correct treatments or pruning.
- Provide expertise per species of tree. A Douglas fir tree needs completely different handling and pruning than say an apple or peach tree. Even if you are proficient at pruning a certain species on your property, odds are there are trees you may harm more than help using the “one-size-fits-all” approach.
- Prevent winter storm damage to car, home, or fence. Washington storms and winters can be hard on trees. An expert arborist can check all your trees for dead/decaying limbs or signs of instability. The last thing anyone needs is a fallen tree on their house or car in stormy weather.
- Beautify your yard. Pruning, done correctly, will not only allow the tree to thrive, but will enhance its natural beauty. The removal of dead wood, suckers, or other issues, will allow your yard to look its best.
- Arborists are experts in the art and science of tree care. An International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)-certified arborist has passed multiple tests showing proficiency and expertise in the care and management of trees. To maintain this certification, an arborist must complete ongoing certification and testing.
Family Tree Care owners Jay Brock and Johnny Marth specialize in pruning, tree removal and clean up, repairing storm damage, stump removal, and beautification. As ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) certified arborists, they serve the greater Tacoma, Lakewood and Puyallup.
Contact Tacoma Tree Care at (253) 234-GROW (4769), or www.familytree253.com/ to complete a quick form to schedule a free estimate.
To view a PDF outlining more extensive reasons to hire an arborist: http://www.treesaregood.org/treecare/resources/hire_arborist.pdf